Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finding Your Inner Athlete at Shelley Lake

It’s officially time now to start the Fall training. You all know what I am talking about – training for your Fall race and getting back out to enjoy the crisp cool outdoors. I know in Raleigh we could have more a few more weeks of air conditioning, but the morning and evening temperatures are quickly becoming more bearable to be outdoors. The gym is no longer my first option.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing this:












So it made me start thinking about running routes. Where do you get out in the morning or after work? Are you a solo runner or do you head out with your friends?

I have long loved the Shelley Lake greenway path. I have two places for parking, depending upon my preferred chosen course, and of course the Sertoma Arts Center is an excellent locale to meet up with running friends. (And you know you have back up rest rooms and water fountains for that just in case…)





I adore seeing other people out and about on the pathway – walking, jogging, playing with their kids… and also having the mile markers on the trail for a bit of help and motivation. Well, at least before the Garmin days….


So I ask – as I take my good ole time signing up for this race, but I am out pounding the pavement to prepare, Tell us! !What are your favorite running routes? And do you have your Fall race picked out yet? Do tell!

And here are some other great images of Shelley Lake greenway path:



No comments:

Post a Comment