Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just Say No!

So no flashbacks to the advertising campaign from the 80s! Really, I had a busy weekend that was spent primarily at the home, getting some projects completed indoors. What that means for you is no photos or reminiscing on my part. But what I did come across that I think is totally blog worthy is a fantastic article in the North Raleigh News, a section of the Sunday News and Observer that I have come to enjoy, that reviewed how you can say no to phone books! Seriously, how many times have you come home to find a pair of phone books on your front door step? And then thought, whaaat the heck do I with these things???? And what about the yellow pages - do people still use these? I know, they can have their function and place. But what this article, and subsequent links provide is that you can opt-out and then when you want or need a phone book, you can ask for a delivery. So SMART.

Most likely though, if you are reading this blog, you already search the web when you need a phone number or address. You get places by going to mapquest or you use Facebook to ask friends for a reference for a plumber or contractor. So why let these pile up - I had no idea -- the city helped to recycle over 96 TONS of telephone books last year.

Check out the article and then go to these sites: http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/ and http://www.ecoyp.com/. I just went through a few online requests for opt-out and it wasn't painful. And really, LivingWell Raleigh is not only about the places and events we love IN Raleigh, but labout keeping OUR City clean, environmentally friendly and well, just keep costs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment