Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Big City Bagels & Cafe

Like so many Raleigh dwellers, my husband and I love to head out on weekends for breakfast. We are always on the hunt for a place that is low-key and makes fresh and tasty dishes. As a native of another state, one that is known for bagels, I am always searching for the perfect egg or salt bagel. I can be demanding with my precise love of the perfect 'toast'. So recently my husband and I ventured into Big City Bagels & Cafe in Celebration at Six Forks. I was skeptical ....... and then became so pleasantly surprised by the casual ambiance and the choices of quick breakfast plates. The two guys that greeted us were super Raleigh friendly and were ready to serve us and meet our needs. Now, I am no professional photographer, so please remember that while I was enjoying my toasted egg bagel with cream cheese spread lightly ... I was snapping away. And the hubby, well, mr i am quite picky too, also enjoyed his fluffy 3 egg omelet and hash browns.


So head on in and give these guys a boost. LWR is about supporting the local businesses in town. I know my husband and I will be back. I am WAITING for the salt bagels to become a part of their offerings - so please, please please ask them to add salt bagels to the menu. And take some time to chat with the owners (is it terrible that I never asked their names???) and get to know them. Supporting new businesses is a part of living well in Raleigh.



So let us know - how did you enjoy your visit to Big City Bagels and Cafe? What is your favorite omelet type or bagel while living well in Raleigh?

No comments:

Post a Comment